Our school clinic is pivotal to health promotion and primary prevention when it comes to health care issues. Through identifying and building on existing school initiatives in addition to providing appropriate preventive health care, our nursing staff support the welfare and well-being needs of students.
Their roles include:
- Health promotion and primary prevention.
- School community health development activities.
- Encouraging health-related discussion and information dissemination.
- Individual student health counselling.
- Advice and referral to assist young people in making healthy lifestyle choices
The Doveland High School medical staff are key members of the Pastoral Care Team, working collaboratively to address student health and well-being issues. They are involved in supporting the development of health-related curriculum and policy, the delivery of health education in partnership with teachers, providing input in school planning processes, and the delivery of individual and group programs for students.